Monday, December 17, 2012

The Story of Pony Son


Somewhere in a far away town in the mountains lived the Pony Family : Pony Dad, Pony Mom and Pony Son. They lived together in peace and harmony, nobody disturbed them except for Marion, the nosy goat who came regularly at their door to “ check up on what's new “ and find excuses to go everywhere around the house, but Pony Mom tolerated her since she was the only neighbor around and so they could help each other in times of need.
 One Sunday after lunch the Pony family went out for their usual walk. On their way they met Patsy the Squirrel, a school mate of Pony Son. She stopped and said respectfully:
 - Hello Pony Mother, Pony Father ... Pony Son.
 - Hello, Patsy! How are you? Said Pony Mom. But Patsy couldn't take her eyes of Pony Son. She looked so deep in his eyes that he blushed, looked the other way and went on for the walk.


The second day they were having math exam at school. Pony Son was never good at math and this exam was his last chance not to fail the semester again. Patsy knew it so she went to him and told him:
 - Hey! You can sit with me during the exam. I'l let you copy from me if you want.
 - Really?! That would be so cool, but ...
 - What?
 - What if the exam will be by numbers?
 - If it will be by numbers I will solve your exercises on a separate paper and give it to you.
 - Ok, that's cool.
So they sat together at the exam which luckily wasn't given by numbers so he could copy everything from Patsy.
After class Pony Son went on his way home confident and enthusiastic discreetly accompanied by Patsy.
 Suddenly:
 - You know, Pony Son, I've been thinking a lot these days and I came to the conclusion that I begun to see things differently, more mature. All the boys around me behave like children. I think it's time for me to have a bigger ... friend.
 - Mhm.
 - ... Who knows what he wants in life. Someone big, decided, powerful, sometimes funny, quiet, but not anti social, do you know what I mean?
 - Mmmm... I guess.
 - See? That's exactly what I like about you: you don't talk like a broken record player and uncertainty doesn't bother you at all. Yesterday I was talking to Miriam the Goose. We were just chatting, you know, girl talk about the boys in the school and I told her that I see a certain kind of wisdom in your eyes that I never saw on any other boy. She said that that's not wisdom, is just plain imbecility, but I think she's wrong, isn't she?
 - Well, thank you for ...
 - So, now that we are together and we are thinking of starting a relationship, you should know that I can't stand lies, ok ? If you have something to say to me, you should say it to my face! I want the whole truth and nothing but the truth, alright?
 - Aaah, ok, but I didn't ...
 - Ok, is good that we understand each other. Look, I live right there behind that hill. Come, take me home!
 - Ah, alright.
 Arrived in front  of Patsy's house she made a big jump and gave Pony a quick kiss.
 - Ok, so be here tomorrow at 8:00 AM to pick me up for school.
 - 8:00 AM? But I wake up at 8:30.
 - Well, relationships aren't just fun and games, they also mean responsibility and compromise. Waking up earlier won't kill you. So don't be late! I have to go now. Bye!
 - ... Bye Bye!

 On his way home the Pony Son seemed restless, totally absorbed by thoughts
. “ Where could I possibly forget my eraser?”

No comments:

Post a Comment