Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Christmas Story

It was the first day of Christmas. I was praying.

Knock-knock-knock we are knocking at your door”
Hmmm, It cannot be anyone else except for christmas carolers or some myriapod.
Knock-knock-knock we are knocking at your door”
I ended my prayer, opened the door and found myself standing before a family of foxes.
Good afternoon, miss.
- Good afternoon.
- As you can see we are the Foxes. I am George Fox, this is my wife Adriana and our son Benjamin. Two days ago we moved in the apartment next door. Being Christmas and all we thought that it would be nice to come here and personally wish you a merry Christmas. So, Merry Christmas, miss ...
- Ada.
- Ada, pleased to meet you.
- Me too. Merry Christmas to you too, lots of happiness, health and welcome to the building.
- Mr. Fox was staring at me and I didn't know what to do. Al three of them were just standing there in front of my door. What was I supposed to do in such a situation? Close the door in the face of a decent fox  family ... on Christmas?
- Oh, would you like to come in?
- Yes, thank you. Said Mr. Fox and all three entered the house, washed their hands and sat down at the table.
Mrs. Fox came to the kitchen to help me prepare the dinner. When she got close to me I was immediately struck by her smell of spring and cinnamon. This took me totally by surprise, I was blocked, shocked and almost fainted.
Are you alright, Ada?
- Yes, yes, thank you. Problems with calcium, you know, I don't feed myself as I should.
- But that's not good at all.
 And she came even closer to me to help me get back on my feet. Her smell struck me again.
- I'm fine, I'm fine. Please, could you be so nice and take these plates to the table?
- Yes, sure.
- Thank you!
I was left in the kitchen together with her smell of spring and cinnamon and I could see her in my mind how she brushes her fur in the morning, how she puts on her make up, how she walks, talks, thinks ... all her life was passing before my eyes. I was totally charmed,  Everything was about to change for me. I knew what I had to do.
I came to the table, sat down and looked Adriana straight in the eyes.
What is going o ....
- What Mr. Fox? What were you trying to say? Oh, did I cut your head of? I'm so sorry that I won't hear that super interesting thing that you were about to say. Maybe next time ( Hahaha ).
- Adriana smiled at me and told me with her sweet voice:
- The turkey is excellent, miss.
-Thank you. I never eat pork. Not even on Christmas. I consider it a filthy animal. 
Benjamin was crying on his sear looking at his dead chopped of head.
- Benjamin, you don't cry, my darling. Life is tough, you need to be strong and learn that these things happen. Now, come on, sing a carol for us to get back into the celebration mood.
Benjamin wiped his tears and began to sing.
“ Jingle bells, Jingle bells. Jingle all the waaaaay .....
Zbbbuuuuufffffff !!!! A bullet struck little Benjamin's head and I swear it wasn't me. Really! I don't even have a gun. There couldn't be anyone else than ... my warrior fox.
I hate that song.Some imagination for Christ sake.  
 Said she smiling.
Then she and sat on my lap. With her little sweet paws touched my face, my waste, my hips and I was getting drunk of her spring cinnamon smell.
- Oh, I should put some music, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment